Exploring Corporate Governance Around the World

By Allison Garrett, Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs at Oklahoma Christian University





Monday, February 07, 2011

Two True Things

I have been contemplating the truth of two things this afternoon:
1. Eventually, nearly every country will adopt some type of corporate governance statements, laws or processes; and
2. I will blog about it.

I say these two things are true because today I ran across a brief story on new corporate governance standards proposed by the Azerbaijani Economic Development Ministry. The standards are described as introducing international best practices in Azerbaijan.

According to the article, the new corporate governance standards have been under discussion among regulators at several government agencies. The government plans to conduct training sessions on the new standards for company exectutives in Azerbaijan.

So, when I got up today, I had no idea that I would be blogging about Azerbaijan at the end of the day. Eventually, everyone will pass CG standards, and I will blog about it.

No comments: