- A vigorous and autonomous audit committee;
- Recognition of the inherently judgmental aspects of financial information;
- Providing SOX a chance to work;
- Having an effective compensation committee that tames executive compensation; and
- Selection and appraisal of directors by an independent nominating committee.
Wednesday, March 29, 2006
Committee for Economic Development Issues Governance Report
The Committee for Economic Development has just issued a report containing a number of recommendations to improve corporate governance. The five keys to effective corporate governance are: